Beef curry with riceReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 portion Beef stir-fry mix (see tip)
- 4 teaspoons curry paste
- 1 portion Tomato, capsicum and mushroom sauce mix (see tip)
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained, rinsed
- ⅓ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- ½ cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup wholegrain brown rice
- ¼ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, lightly toasted, to garnish (optional)
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish (optional)
1 Heat a non-stick pan. Add beef portion and cook until evenly browned. Stir in curry paste and cook for a few minutes.
2 Add tomato sauce portion with chickpeas, sultanas and coconut milk. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until beef is tender.
3 Meanwhile, cook rice and mix salad ingredients together.
4 Serve curry with rice and salad. Garnish with coriander and slivered almonds (if using).
Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free variants as indicated for base mix recipes (see tip) and check curry paste is gluten free.
This recipe is part of our Cook once, meals for a week feature… all it takes is one Sunday afternoon cooking session to have dinner sorted for the week ahead!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information