- 1kg lean stewing beef (such as chuck or topside), cut in big chunks
- 2 large onions, thickly chopped
- ⅓ cup (50g) almonds, finely chopped in food processor
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground coriandercilantroX (or grind whole seeds in mortar and pestle)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (or grind whole seeds in mortar and pestle)
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder or flakes
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 cup salt-reduced beef stock
- 2 cups reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons cornflourcornstarchX
- 2 cups frozen peas or 4 cups spinach leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- 8 tablespoons reduced-fat Greek yoghurt, to garnish
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice, to serve
- 8 cups steamed veges such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and green beans, to serve
1 Turn slow cooker on to preferred setting. Place beef, onion, almonds, ginger, coriander, cumin, chilli, turmeric, garam masala and stock into slow cooker. Cook until meat is tender, about 7 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
2 Mix yoghurt and cornflour together. Add to cooker, with peas or spinach, 30 minutes before end of cooking time. Season to taste before serving. Top with extra yoghurt and coriander and serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices, stock and cornflour are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us