Beef, broccoli and tomato stir-fry curry
- 1 cup brown rice
- spray oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 300g beef steak, sliced
- 6cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 lemons or limes, zest and juice
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh chillies, plus extra to garnish (optional), sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
1 Cook rice following packet instructions. Steam broccoli in microwave for 1-2 minutes, until tender.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and set over a high heat. add steak, ginger, garlic and curry powder. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, until steak is browned. add broccoli, tomatoes, soy sauce, lime juice and zest and stir to combine. Add a little water if needed (this is not a saucy curry). add kaffir lime leaves, chilli and baby spinach, and cook until leaves are wilted.
3 Serve curry with rice, garnished with extra chilli, if using.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Check curry powder and soy sauce are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us