Open beef and bean burgers
Last updated date: 15 September 2021
- 300g frozen sweet potato/ kumarasweet-potatoX fries
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2 x 140g cans reduced-salt baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 cup fresh multigrain breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 2 small grainy sourdough bread rolls, split
- 350g packet kaleslaw or your choice of slaw kit (dressing omitted)
- ¼ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon American mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 gherkins, sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two large baking trays with baking paper. Place fries on one tray and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
2 Combine the beef, one of the cans of baked beans, the breadcrumbs and the garlic in a bowl. Shape into four patties.
3 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook for 4 minutes each side, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to prepared baking tray. Top the patties with remaining baked beans and cheese. Bake for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts and is golden brown.
4 Toast the bread and place on serving plates. Combine the slaw, yoghurt, mustard and the parsley in a bowl. Season well with cracked black pepper. Spoon onto sourdough. Top with a cheesy beef patty and the gherkins. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve open burgers with kumara fries.
These articles may be helpful:
More delicious beef burger recipes:
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17.4g
–Saturated fat 4.3g
Dietary fibre 13.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.