US beef burger
- 500g extra-lean beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small courgette, grated, excess liquid squeezed out
- 4 slices (50g) reduced-fat cheddar cheese, sliced
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls, halved
- 1 cup soft lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons American mustard
- 2 medium-sized gherkins
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 8 cups salad with a little vinaigrette
1 Combine mince, garlic and courgette in a mixing bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Divide mixture into 4 portions and shape into patties.
2 Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spray patties with oil and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked. Turn off heat, top with cheese and leave patties in pan for 5 minutes to rest.
3 Meanwhile, toast rolls then top with lettuce, burger, mustard, gherkins and tomatoes. Serve burgers with salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Add a slice of juicy pineapple and a slice of canned beetroot.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread rolls and check mustard is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us