(at time of publication)
- 450g lean beef mince
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, grated
- 4 sweet baby peppersbell peppersX, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to season
- To serve
- 4 wholemeal burger buns
- 4 tablespoons fruity relish (I used Cotterill & Rouse Mango Dressing)
- ¼ red onion, cut in rings
- 2 spring onions, finely diced
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
1 Place mince in a large bowl. Add vegetables, tomato paste, chilli sauce, breadcrumbs and seasoning. Mix well. For a smoother texture, mix ingredients in a food processor. Use hands to bind mixture and shape into 4 even-sized patties. Chill before cooking.
2 Cook patties on a barbecue hotplate or in a pan for 7 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
3 To assemble burgers, place beef patties in buns with fruity relish, onions and lettuce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
For extra fibre, add grated vegetables to mince.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us