Best beefburgerReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 450g lean beef mince
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, grated
- 4 sweet baby peppersbell peppersX, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to season
- To serve
- 4 wholemeal burger buns
- 4 tablespoons fruity relish (I used Cotterill & Rouse Mango Dressing)
- ¼ red onion, cut in rings
- 2 spring onions, finely diced
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
1 Place mince in a large bowl. Add vegetables, tomato paste, chilli sauce, breadcrumbs and seasoning. Mix well. For a smoother texture, mix ingredients in a food processor. Use hands to bind mixture and shape into 4 even-sized patties. Chill before cooking.
2 Cook patties on a barbecue hotplate or in a pan for 7 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
3 To assemble burgers, place beef patties in buns with fruity relish, onions and lettuce.
For extra fibre, add grated vegetables to mince.
These articles may be helpful:
More delicious beef burger recipes:
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information