Teriyaki beef stir-fry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/4 cup teriyaki marinade
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 350g rump beef steak, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cup round green beans, trimmed
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1/4 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced in thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups steamed rice, to serve
Total fat 8.7g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2.3g
1 Combine marinade and tomato sauce in a bowl. Add beef and chill for 15 minutes.
2 Cut beans in half on the diagonal. Chop spinach roughly and slice stems and leaves.
3 Drain meat, setting marinade aside. Add stock to marinade.
4 Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a wok over a high heat. Stir-fry half the meat for 2 minutes until browned. Remove and repeat with remaining beef.
5 Add remaining oil. Heat and stir-fry onion for 1 minute. Add capsicum, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for about 1 minute. Add beans, spinach and marinade. Stir-fry for 1 more minute. Add beef and heat through. Stir through sesame oil. Serve immediately with rice.
Partially freezing the beef will make it easier to slice thinly.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us