Soy beef and noodle stir-fryReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 bunches (350g) broccolini, ends trimmed and cut into 3 equal lengths
- 250g fresh thick rice noodles
- 600g beef sirloin steak, trimmed
- 2 small red onions, halved and cut into thin wedges
- cooking spray oil
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- ⅓ cup salt-reduced beef or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup raw cashew nuts, finely chopped (optional)
1 Cook broccolini in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender-crisp, adding noodles during last minute of cooking. Drain well.
2 Combine beef and onion in a bowl. Spray with cooking oil. Heat a large wok over medium-high heat. Add half the beef mixture and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a bowl. Reheat wok and repeat with remaining beef and onion mixture.
3 Add capsicum to wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add beef mixture, broccolini and noodles and stir-fry for 1 minute or until combined and hot.
4 Combine soy sauce, stock, oyster sauce and garlic in a jug. Add to beef mixture in wok and stir-fry for 1 minute or until sauce boils and mixture is well combined. Divide stir-fry among 4 serving bowls. Sprinkle with nuts, if using, and serve.
You’ll find fresh rice noodles in Asian grocery stores. Or you can use fresh egg noodles.
You may find this article helpful:
More delicious beef stir fry recipes:
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18.6g
–Saturated fat 5.7g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information