Beef and black bean stir-fry
(at time of publication)
- 500g beef sirloin, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 400g shelf-fresh egg noodles
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, sliced
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 125g baby corn, halved
- about 2 cups green beans, cut in 4cm lengths
- ½ cup salt-reduced liquid chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons canned black beans
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 Combine beef, ginger, garlic and onions in a medium bowl. Stand for 5 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, cook egg noodles following packet directions. Set aside and keep warm.
3 Lightly steam or microwave capsicum, sugar snap peas, corn and green beans for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Keep warm.
4 Combine stock, black beans and soy sauce in a small bowl.
5 Place a large frying pan or wok over a high heat. Add sesame oil and beef mixture. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Add black bean mixture and steamed vegetables. Toss to combine and heat through. Serve with noodles.
Make it gluten free: Use rice noodles and check stock and soy sauce are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us