Thai beef, chilli and basil stir-fryReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 400g packet long-life Hokkien noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 400g beef fillet steaks, thinly sliced
- 2 small red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut in thin wedges
- 4 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil plus extra, to serve
1 Prepare noodles following packet directions. Place a wok or large frying pan over a high heat and add sesame oil. Cook beef in batches, stirring, until browned all over. Remove from pan.
2 Add capsicums and onion to heated wok or pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until almost tender. Add spinach, noodles, beef and sauces. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Stir in Thai basil before serving.
Makeover! You save…
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce, use rice noodles instead of Hokkien noodles and check sweet chilli sauce is gluten free.
You may find this article helpful:
More delicious beef stir fry recipes:
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information