Thai beef, chilli and basil stir-fryReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 400g packet long-life Hokkien noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 400g beef fillet steaks, thinly sliced
- 2 small red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut in thin wedges
- 4 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil plus extra, to serve
1 Prepare noodles following packet directions. Place a wok or large frying pan over a high heat and add sesame oil. Cook beef in batches, stirring, until browned all over. Remove from pan.
2 Add capsicums and onion to heated wok or pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until almost tender. Add spinach, noodles, beef and sauces. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Stir in Thai basil before serving.
Makeover! You save…
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce, use rice noodles instead of Hokkien noodles and check sweet chilli sauce is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information