Beef curry with rice
Time to make: 45 mins , excludes making base mixes
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 portion Beef stir-fry mix (see tip)
- 4 teaspoons curry paste
- 1 portion Tomato, capsicum and mushroom sauce mix (see tip)
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup wholegrain brown rice
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, lightly toasted, to garnish (optional)
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish (optional)
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Heat a non-stick pan. Add beef portion and cook until evenly browned. Stir in curry paste and cook for a few minutes.
2 Add tomato sauce portion with chickpeas, sultanas and coconut milk. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until beef is tender.
3 Meanwhile, cook rice and mix salad ingredients together.
4 Serve curry with rice and salad. Garnish with coriander and slivered almonds (if using).
Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free variants as indicated for base mix recipes (see tip) and check curry paste is gluten free.
This recipe is part of our Cook once, meals for a week feature… all it takes is one Sunday afternoon cooking session to have dinner sorted for the week ahead!
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us