8 ways to get the best out of healthyfood.com
At healthyfood.com, we are committed to helping you be healthier. We provide accurate, science-based advice and information on healthy eating and health conditions which may be affected by diet, plus we have over 4000 delicious dietitian-approved recipes to inspire healthy eating every day.
The healthyfood.com website is with you on your health journey. Your subscription to healthyfood.com gives you full and exclusive access to accurate, science-based advice and information about healthy eating and health conditions which may be affected by diet. Additionally, we have over 4000 delicious recipes packed with nutrition for you to discover for your next meal inspiration!
We want everyone to get the most out of their healthyfood.com subscription, so we’ve put together this list for you. Not yet subscribed? Join the healthyfood.com community today.
1. Add healthyfood.com to your mobile home screen
Have easy access to healthyfood.com recipes, stories, and updates right at the palm of your hand! Simply put the HFG logo on the home screen of your iOS or Android device.
- iOS/Apple: launch healthyfood.com on Safari, tap on ‘Share’ icon and select ‘Add to home screen.’
- Android: go to healthyfood.com on Chrome, tap the Menu icon (three dots) tools, and select the ‘Add to home screen’ option.
You can also watch our how-to videos for a walkthrough.
2. Always stay logged in
No need to log out when you need to leave or shut down your device. If you are logged in to healthyfood.com, simply close the browser or go straight onto another site. This way, the next time you open healthyfood.com (or any link from an email we’ve sent you), you will already be logged in.
3. Use the recipe filter for specific searches
Quickly find the kinds of recipes you want by ticking the filter boxes on the main recipes page.
4. Easily find the recipes you’re after with our nutrition badges
Our colour-coded nutrition badges allow you to quickly find the types of recipes you may want, such as low sodium, high protein, or gluten free. You can also click on any of the badges to browse recipes of that type.
5. Convert recipe quantities from metrics to imperial
Within the ingredients section of each recipe, the grey highlighted ‘Units’ indicate whether the recipe is shown in metric or imperial. To switch weights and measurement systems, simply click the option you prefer.
6. Save your favourites
You can save any recipe, collection of recipes, or even favourite pieces of content to your own ‘favourites’ section, for easy access:
- Click on the ‘Save to favs’ icon at the end of any recipe or piece of content
- Name your favourites list for future reference and so you can add more recipes to it
- When you want to go back and look through your favourites, just click on ‘Favourites’ on the top menu or on the ‘See favs’ icon on any recipe or article.
7. Create shopping lists and meal plans
You can use collections of recipes we’ve prepared for you, or create your own, and create a shopping list from them or individual recipes – click here for a quick demonstration on how to do it!
8. Get unlimited access to Healthy Food Guide magazine’s digital issues
Did you know that you can unlock unlimited access to Healthy Food Guide magazine’s digital issues? Select or upgrade to our “Web + Digital” plan when you subscribe to enjoy unlimited reading of our latest and previous issues. Once you’re logged in, you can easily enjoy this feature by clicking on Digital Issues on the menu bar.
Simply select any issue of Healthy Food Guide magazine that you would like to read online by clicking on the green ‘Read Issue’ button.
Now you can flip and read through that magazine issue’s pages, and easily go back to the other digital issues available by clicking on the ‘Back to all digital issues’ button.
If you’d like to get the best out of healthyfood.com and are not already a subscriber, it’s affordable and easy to sign up today.