Stained-glass Christmas cookies
(at time of publication)
- 100g reduced-fat spread
- 100g brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 250g wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 different-coloured hard-boiled lolliessweets, candyX
1 Preheat oven to 180°C and line two oven trays with baking paper.
2 Beat spread and sugar in a large bowl until creamy and light. Mix in vanilla essence and egg.
3 Slowly add flour and baking powder. Mix until mixture forms a dough. Remove from bowl, wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
4 Place lollies into re-sealable bags and crush with a rolling pin.
5 Place chilled dough between 2 sheets of baking paper. Roll out with a rolling pin until 5mm thick. Use cutters to cut cookies. Roll up leftover dough and repeat until all dough is used.
6 Place cookies onto baking trays and cut smaller stars from centres of cookies or use a small round cutter. Sprinkle crushed lollies into cut-out areas and use a skewer to make a hole at the top of the cookie.
7 Bake for 10-15 minutes until lollies have melted and cookies are golden brown.
8 Once cookies have cooled, thread string through holes and hang on Christmas tree branches.
- Make dough ahead of time and store in fridge for up to a week.
- Keep colours separate when crushing lollies.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.