Healthy Food Guide nutritionist Claire Turnbull loves a good glass of bubbles or a chilled glass of vino as much as anyone else when it’s time to celebrate, but to ensure she looks and feels good she always has plenty of alcohol-free options.
Give these 10 alcohol-free drinks a try
- Dilute cranberry juice with soda water or sparking water. One-third juice to two-thirds water is a good combo
- Try kombucha – our guide on how to choose this gut-friendly fermented tea drink is a good place to start
- Hot and cold brew tea bags – available at most supermarkets
- Chilled iced teas – these are very easy to make
- Homemade lemonade or limeade – squeeze the juice of a lemon or lime into a glass and top up with sparkling or soda water. If you want a sweeter taste you can add a tiny amount of stevia, a natural sweetener
- Mojo-hito (yes, that is a name I made up!) – lime juice, crushed mint leaves and soda water. If you want it a little sweeter you can add stevia or some diet lemonade
- Spicy tomato juice – this is probably my favourite! Lots of ice, tomato juice, black pepper and Tabasco sauce – so good
- Non-alcoholic wine or beer – There are a few varieties of non-alcoholic wine and beer on the market these days which taste really good
- Seed lip or other non-alcoholic spirits – you can buy these from most liquor stores and boutique food outlets and make the most amazing, sophisticated mocktails
- Still or sparkling water with sliced cucumber and/or lemon/lime.
For more ideas on healthier, happier living, grab copies of my books here.