I love serving food in unusual ways. Creating a bit of excitement about a standard dinner and watching the kids’ faces light up and their enthusiasm for eating is worth the effort!
Using cupcake holders is a simple way of transforming a meal of mince/bolognese/lentils/beans/veges topped with mashed potato or vege purée into a feast. Kids love to eat small portions with a spoon, even if they end up eating a whole plateful!
Get creative with whatever you have on hand.
- filling (I used a mince/lentil/vege mix)
- mash (I used potato)
- green – potato mixed with mashed peas
- pink – potato mixed with beetroot juice
- orange – potato mixed with mashed pumpkin
- mashed potato
- broccoli (florets and chopped stalks)
Step 1 Place filling in cupcake cases.
Step 2 Colour the mash with bright veges and ‘ice’ the ‘cakes’.
Step 3 Add the decoration.
Step 4 Ready to eat. Simple, fun and delicious!