Blueberry oat cookies
(at time of publication)
- 1 ¼ cups flour plus a little extra, for handling
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- ¾ cup castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice or nutmeg
- 150g reduced-fat spread
- 70g (½ cup) dried blueberries
- 50g (⅓ cup) pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
1 Place flour, baking powder, oats, sugar and spice in a bowl. Mix together. Add spread and rub into mixture until fine crumbs form.
2 Stir in blueberries, nuts and egg. Mix together with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a large ball.
3 Lightly flour a work surface and roll dough into a long sausage. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
4 Once dough is cold, preheat oven to 180°C. Unwrap dough and slice into 20 discs. Arrange on baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Leave on tray to harden then cool completely on a wire rack.
You can replace the blueberries with dried cranberries, cherries or raisins.
- The dough can be frozen uncooked.
- These cookies can be frozen for up to 3 weeks, or cookies will keep in an airtight container in a cool place (unfrozen) for 4 days.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.