(at time of publication)
- 1 teaspoon sunflower or canola oil
- 100g lean bacon, fat removed and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 1 medium potato, scrubbed and chopped into small dice
- 2 ½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 400g can light evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 400g can creamed corn
- salt and pepper to taste
- thyme sprigs
1 Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan; add bacon, onion and celery and cook for a few minutes over medium heat. Add potato and stock, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
2 Whisk evaporated milk and flour together and stir into soup mixture. Simmer for a few minutes until slightly thickened, then add corn and heat through. Season to taste and serve with thyme sprigs.
Add leftover cooked chicken to this chowder for a tasty chicken and corn soup.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.