- 1 teaspoon sunflower or canola oil
- 100g lean bacon, fat removed and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 1 medium potato, scrubbed and chopped into small dice
- 2 ½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 400g can light evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 400g can creamed corn
- salt and pepper to taste
- thyme sprigs
1 Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan; add bacon, onion and celery and cook for a few minutes over medium heat. Add potato and stock, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
2 Whisk evaporated milk and flour together and stir into soup mixture. Simmer for a few minutes until slightly thickened, then add corn and heat through. Season to taste and serve with thyme sprigs.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
Add leftover cooked chicken to this chowder for a tasty chicken and corn soup.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us