Vegan walnut and pear cake
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon ground chia or flaxseed
- ½ cup granulated sweetener
- 2 teaspoon ground sweet cinnamon
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond or soya milk
- zest 1 orange and 3 tablespoons juice
- 3 small–medium pears (about 450g), peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
1 Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a 20cm square cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
2 In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, chia or flaxseed, sweetener, cinnamon and walnuts. In a jug, combine the oil, almond or soya milk, orange zest and juice. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with the pears until combined, then spoon into the prepared tin.
3 Bake for 35–40 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly in the tin, then cut into squares.
For more vegan recipes like this head here.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7.4g
–Saturated fat 0.9g
Dietary fibre 2.3g
Last updated date: 20 August 2021
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information