Chocolate Eve’s pudding
Time to make: 55 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 5 eating apples, peeled, cored
- 1/3 cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 115g reduced-fat spread
- 1/3 cup soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour or gluten-free baking mix
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons trim milk
- 1 tablespoon pistachio nuts, crushed
- 1 teaspoon icingfrostingX sugar, for sifting
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut apples into chunks and place in a pan with sultanas, cinnamon and orange juice. Heat gently for 5-8 minutes or until the apples soften slightly. Spoon into an ovenproof dish or small dishes.
2 Cream reduced-fat spread and sugar. Beat in eggs. Fold in flour and cocoa with the milk. Spoon on to the apples. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the sponge is firm. Serve sprinkled with pistachios and icing sugar.
- You can use any eating apples in this recipe.
- Make it gluten free: Check ground spices and icing sugar are gluten free. Use rice flour in topping.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us