Chocolate Eve’s pudding
(at time of publication)
- 5 eating apples, peeled, cored
- ⅓ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 115g reduced-fat spread
- ⅓ cup soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup self-raising flour or gluten-free baking mix
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons trim milk
- 1 tablespoon pistachio nuts, crushed
- 1 teaspoon icingfrostingX sugar, for sifting
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut apples into chunks and place in a pan with sultanas, cinnamon and orange juice. Heat gently for 5-8 minutes or until the apples soften slightly. Spoon into an ovenproof dish or small dishes.
2 Cream reduced-fat spread and sugar. Beat in eggs. Fold in flour and cocoa with the milk. Spoon on to the apples. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the sponge is firm. Serve sprinkled with pistachios and icing sugar.
- You can use any eating apples in this recipe.
- Make it gluten free: Check ground spices and icing sugar are gluten free. Use rice flour in topping.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us