Dark chocolate rocky road
(at time of publication)
- 150g white marshmallows
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup shelled salted pistachios
- 4 cups plain air-popped popcorn
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 180g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 29cm x 16cm rectangular tin with baking paper.
- Cut marshmallows into quarters using scissors. In a large bowl, place marshmallows, coconut, pistachios, popcorn, dried apricots, cranberries and goji berries. Mix well.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt chocolate on high power in the microwave for 1 minute, or until melted and smooth. Stir chocolate halfway through cooking to prevent burning.
- Pour chocolate over marshmallow mixture, quickly stir, then pour mixture into prepared tin. Spread mixture over base with a spatula. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes, or until set. Cut into squares or break into pieces to serve.
Make it gluten free: Check marshmallows and dark chocolate are gluten free.
Store rocky road in airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us