Time to make: 15 mins
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 tablespoons meat or chicken juice
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flourall purpose flourX
- 500ml reduced salt chicken, beef or vegetable stock
- 2-3 cloves roasted garlic (optional)
Total fat 1.7g
Saturated fat 0.5g
Dietary fibre 0.5g
1 Before you use the juices to make gravy, remove any fat by skimming the surface, drawing it off with a cooking baster. (Or you could try a gravy separator, which is a jug specially designed to allow you to pour off the juice and leave the fat behind.)
2 Place the meat juices in a pan and add the onion. Cook until softened. Stir in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes. Gradually stir in the stock (ideally use a wooden spoon) and cook over a high heat until the gravy thickens. Strain the gravy for a smooth consistency. Return to the pan and add some roasted garlic purée if desired. Heat through.
You can replace some of the stock with a little wine if desired.