Quinoa, craisin, parsley and pine nut stuffing
- 1 cup quinoa
- spray oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup craisins, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place quinoa in a saucepan with 2 cups water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until water has evaporated and grains are tender.
2 Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic, stirring, for 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
3 Transfer quinoa and onion mixture to a large bowl. Stir through the remaining ingredients and season. Set aside to cool.
- The stuffing must be completely cooled before stuffing turkey to prevent bacteria growing. Don’t stuff the turkey too tightly, as the meat won’t cook evenly and the stuffing expands when cooked. If using a frozen turkey, place on a tray and defrost in the fridge. A 4-5kg turkey takes about 70 hours (3 days) to defrost.
- Check the ingredients list on your frozen turkey as many are basted in salty brine to tenderise, possibly with added flavour and thickener, which makes the turkey high in sodium.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.