HFG chocolate brownie
Time to make: 40 mins , plus 10 mins cooling
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple purée or sauce
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (70g) walnuts, chopped
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
- Preheat oven to 175°C and lightly spray or oil a 20x20cm baking dish with oil.
- Place apple purée in a medium-sized bowl. Sift in cocoa, flour and baking soda. Add sugar and salt and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix as this will toughen the brownies. Gently fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the centre feels set and fudgy when a skewer is inserted.
- Cool in dish for 5-10 minutes before turning out. Cool completely before slicing in squares. Dust with sifted icing sugar before serving if preferred.
Make it gluten free: Use GF baking mix instead of the SR flour
Make it nut free: Leave out the nuts
Make it dairy free: Use dairy free chocolate