Chocolate feijoa cake
(at time of publication)
- 150g reduced-fat spread
- ½ cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups feijoa flesh, diced
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons icingfrostingX sugar
- fresh mint
- 1 feijoa, sliced, chilled
1 Lightly grease and base line a 24cm-round cake pan. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Cream spread and sugar together.
2 Add eggs and beat until creamy. Add flour with cocoa and cinnamon. Fold in feijoas and chocolate chips until just combined.
3 Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly risen and firm to touch. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out. Serve sprinkled with icing sugar and garnish with mint and feijoa.
- Omit cocoa powder and add 2 teaspoons vanilla essence to the cake mix.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour, baking powder, cocoa and icing sugar. Check cinnamon and chocolate are gluten free.
This cake will keep for up to 2 days in a sealed container.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.