HFG chocolate brownie
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple purée or sauce
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup (70g) walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 175°C and lightly spray or oil a 20x20cm baking dish with oil.
- Place apple purée in a medium-sized bowl. Sift in cocoa, flour and baking soda. Add sugar and salt and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix as this will toughen the brownies. Gently fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the centre feels set and fudgy when a skewer is inserted.
- Cool in dish for 5-10 minutes before turning out. Cool completely before slicing in squares. Dust with sifted icing sugar before serving if preferred.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
Make it gluten free: Use GF baking mix instead of the SR flour
Make it nut free: Leave out the nuts
Make it dairy free: Use dairy free chocolate
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us