HFG chocolate brownie
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple purée or sauce
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup (70g) walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 175°C and lightly spray or oil a 20x20cm baking dish with oil.
- Place apple purée in a medium-sized bowl. Sift in cocoa, flour and baking soda. Add sugar and salt and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix as this will toughen the brownies. Gently fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the centre feels set and fudgy when a skewer is inserted.
- Cool in dish for 5-10 minutes before turning out. Cool completely before slicing in squares. Dust with sifted icing sugar before serving if preferred.
Make it gluten free: Use GF baking mix instead of the SR flour
Make it nut free: Leave out the nuts
Make it dairy free: Use dairy free chocolate
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.