Rice-based salsa pizza
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 600g cooked long-grain rice
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup tomato purée*
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated reduced-fat cheese
- olive oil spray
- 300g jar salsa sauce*
- 150g chopped cooked meat such as lean chicken, pork or beef
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup leftover mixed vegetables
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place rice in a large bowl. Add spring onions, eggs, purée, herbs and one-third of the cheese. Mix well.
2 Divide mixture into 4 even portions. With hands, flatten and shape into pizza bases. Place on a lightly greased baking tray.
3 Oven-bake for 10 minutes until lightly golden. Remove rice bases from oven. Top with salsa, meat, mushrooms, vegetables and the remaining cheese.
4 Spray with a little oil and bake for 10 more minutes. Scatter with fresh basil to serve.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)