- cocktail sticks
- 4 firm strawberries (1 smaller for the head)
- low-fat thick yoghurt or low-fat cream cheese (eg. Philadelphia)
- 4 small blueberries
- 1 dried apricot
- 2 raisins
- desiccated coconut, to garnish
1 Slice the bottom and the top from a large strawberry (body) to make 2 flat surfaces. Place on a serving plate.
2 Cut the top and bottom from the smaller strawberry (head) to make two flat surfaces. Balance on top of large strawberry.
3 Use a spatula to cover balanced strawberries with yoghurt or cream cheese.
4 To make hat, cut a thin slice off strawberry number 3 for the base of hat and use the remainder for the top of hat. Place on top of the ‘head’.
5 Freeze for about 10 minutes to thicken the working surface to make it easier for decorations to stick.
6 To make face, use a small piece of apricot as a nose and sliced blueberries for eyes and mouth.
7 To dress snowman, cut remaining blueberries in half to form buttons. Use dried apricot slices for a scarf.
8 Use cocktail sticks as arms and poke small pieces of raisin at ends for hands. For decoration, add desiccated coconut ‘snow’ around the base.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
No nutrition information available for this recipe.
- Do not use soft very ripe strawberries as they will not hold their shape and the juice will seep through the yoghurt.
- Eat within 15 minutes of making.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.