You don't have to ditch your healthy habits when getting together with friends!
It is so easy when you catch up with friends to polish off a bottle or two of wine while debating your relationships, marriages, break-ups, family dramas, children, job changes, happy/sad moments etc. But there are other great ways to catch up with your friends that don’t have to revolve around food and booze! There are so many ways you can have a good chat, and have an amazing time, without having to ditch your healthy habits in the process.
Here are some ideas of things you can do:
- Go to a yoga class then head to a super affordable Asian restaurant – order a stir-fry with double the veg, half the rice and opt for water or green tea!
- Go for a walk and then head to a café for a healthy brunch or cup of herbal tea
- Head to an exercise class at the gym – chat on the way there and back
- Why not try ice skating or bowling – go back to your childhood roots. Pack healthy snacks too
When it comes to fun adventures with family and friends, here are some other ideas:
- Go on a day adventure – pack a picnic, go for a walk
- Organise a themed dinner with friends and make part of the challenge for everyone to bring a ‘healthy plate’
- In the summer, head to the beach for a walk and a picnic
- Organise to meet at a farmers’ market and check out delicious healthy food as you chat away
- Meet for a family ‘brunch’ instead of dinner – no booze required then, I hope?!
Love, Claire x
Claire Turnbull, BSc (Hons) Dietetics UK, NZ-registered nutritionist. Managing director of Mission Nutrition, and Healthy Food Guide nutritionist.
- Grab a copy of Claire’s amazing 10-step guide to feeling fabulous every day – it’s FREE!
- Make sure you get yourself a copy of Claire’s best-selling book, Lose Weight for Life.
- For more ideas and inspiration, check out www.claireturnbull.co.nz and find Claire on Facebook.
- For one-on-one nutrition advice, visit Claire’s team of dietitians / nutritionists at Mission Nutrition.