Chicken and mushroom filo pies
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 5 sheets filo pastry
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat spread, melted
- 1 ½ cups white button mushrooms, chopped
- 100g skinless boneless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup cooked spinach, chopped
- ⅓ cup salt-reduced liquid chicken stock
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 10 holes of a 12-hole muffin pan with oil spray. Cut filo pastry sheets in half. Take 1 sheet and spread with melted spread, fold over, spread with spread and fold again so it is a quarter of the size. Fit into muffin pan hole and repeat until all 10 are filled with
a filo basket. Cover with a damp tea towel to avoid drying out.
2 Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil spray. Add mushrooms and chicken and stir until cooked. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well until sauce is thickened and ingredients combined.
3 Divide filling among filo baskets then place in oven for 10-15 minutes until filo is golden.
These are best eaten on the day of baking.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 1g
dietary fibre N/S
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us