Chicken and chilli bean burritos
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon canola or sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, finely chopped
- 250g chicken breast or thigh, chopped in small pieces
- 400g can chilli beans
- 6 wholemeal burritos
- ½ medium red onion, finely sliced
- ¼ head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons thick low-fat yoghurt or reduced-fat sour cream
1 Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Stir-fry onion, celery and chicken together until chicken is cooked through. Add chilli beans. Stir through and simmer for about 10 minutes.
2 Warm burritos in microwave. Divide chilli chicken mixture among burritos and top with red onion, lettuce, tomatoes and yoghurt. Roll up and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of chilli beans, burritos and yoghurt.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.