Chicken and chilli bean burritos
- 1 tablespoon canola or sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, finely chopped
- 250g chicken breast or thigh, chopped in small pieces
- 400g can chilli beans
- 6 wholemeal burritos
- ½ medium red onion, finely sliced
- ¼ head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons thick low-fat yoghurt or reduced-fat sour cream
1 Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Stir-fry onion, celery and chicken together until chicken is cooked through. Add chilli beans. Stir through and simmer for about 10 minutes.
2 Warm burritos in microwave. Divide chilli chicken mixture among burritos and top with red onion, lettuce, tomatoes and yoghurt. Roll up and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 11g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of chilli beans, burritos and yoghurt.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us