Chicken pad Thai with peanuts and lime
- 250g rice stick noodles
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus lime wedges, to serve
- 1 teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 400g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 200g green beans, sliced
- 1 ½ cups bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped unsalted peanuts, to garnish
1 Place noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to stand for 5 minutes; drain and set aside. Combine soy sauce, lime juice and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
2 Heat half the peanut oil in a wok over high heat. Add chicken in two batches; cook for 2–3 minutes, or until golden-brown. Remove chicken from wok and set aside.
3 Gently fry onion, carrot, chilli and garlic in remaining peanut oil for 2 minutes. Add capsicum and green beans; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add reserved noodles and soy sauce; toss for 2 minutes, or until noodles are coated in sauce and heated through.
4 Return reserved chicken to wok with bean sprouts; cook for 1 minute to heat through.
5 Scatter chicken Pad Thai with peanuts and serve with a lime wedge.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce.
- Make it vegetarian: Use eggs or firm tofu instead of chicken.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like