Chicken Pad Thai with peanuts and lime
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 250g rice stick noodles
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus lime wedges, to serve
- 1 teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 400g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 200g green beans, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped unsalted peanuts, to garnish
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Place noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to stand for 5 minutes; drain and set aside. Combine soy sauce, lime juice and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
2 Heat half the peanut oil in a wok over high heat. Add chicken in two batches; cook for 2–3 minutes, or until golden-brown. Remove chicken from wok and set aside.
3 Gently fry onion, carrot, chilli and garlic in remaining peanut oil for 2 minutes. Add capsicum and green beans; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add reserved noodles and soy sauce; toss for 2 minutes, or until noodles are coated in sauce and heated through.
4 Return reserved chicken to wok with bean sprouts; cook for 1 minute to heat through.
5 Scatter chicken Pad Thai with peanuts and serve with a lime wedge.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce.
- Make it vegetarian: Use eggs or firm tofu instead of chicken.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (4.5 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us