Thai roasted vegetables
(at time of publication)
- 2 red onions, cut in wedges
- 2 red capsicums, cut in chunks
- 2 yellow capsicums, cut in chunks
- 2 kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in chunks
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, sliced
- 200ml vegetable stock made with 200ml boiling water and 3 teaspoons stock powder
- spray oil
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, diced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised, chopped
- 1 cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line a large roasting tin with greaseproof paper. Add onions, capsicums, kumara and eggplant. Pour stock over. Spray with oil.
2 Roast vegetables for 45 minutes, turning until softened and lightly charred. Add tomatoes and cook for 15 more minutes.
3 To make dressing, place all ingredients in a blender and whizz until smooth. Season. Arrange vegetables on a serving platter, drizzle dressing over and toss lightly to serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of stock and soy sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.