Chicken pesto pilaf
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless, diced
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1/2 cup chopped peppadew peppersbell peppersX
- 415g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 2 x 250g packets 90-second brown rice (I used SunRice)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- black pepper, to season
- fresh basil, to serve
- salad leaves
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Heat a little of the oil in a large pan. Add onion. Cook until softened. Add chicken and remaining oil. Cook over a high heat for about 5 minutes or until evenly cooked. Add pesto. Stir through chicken. Add remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
2 Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
3 Season with pepper. Serve with basil and green salad.