Warm salmon, egg and quinoa saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup quinoa
- few sprigs of fresh thyme, mint or rosemary
- ½ teaspoon Moroccan seasoning
- 200g salmon fillet, poached
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
- 2 eggs, soft boiled, halved
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned or peeled with a grater
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- ⅓ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped parsley
- fresh mint sprigs, to garnish
- Boil 2 cups of water with a few herb sprigs. Add the quinoa and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Place in a bowl and season with Moroccan seasoning.
- Break the salmon into chunks. Steam or lightly cook the broccoli until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients to the quinoa with the salmon and broccoli. Add dressing last. Toss lightly. Season and serve sprinkled with fresh herbs.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information