Crab and lemon-stuffed mushrooms
(at time of publication)
- 170g can crab meat, drained
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup multigrain breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 1 lemon, ½ zested, then cut into 8 wedges
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 medium field mushrooms, peeled and stalks removed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2 In a medium bowl, combine the crab meat, parsley, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, spring onion and nutmeg. Stir in enough milk to moisten and season with the pepper.
3 Place the mushrooms onto the tray, stalk side up. Spoon the crab mixture, dividing it equally, on top of each mushroom and press in gently with the spoon. Sprinkle over the grated parmesan. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender.
4 Serve sprinkled with extra chopped parsley.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 1.4g
–Saturated fat 0.6g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.