(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 700g new potatoes, halved
- 1 kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in chunks
- 300g baby beetrootbeetsX, trimmed
- 1 large red onion, cut in wedges
- 2 heads garlic, broken into cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 sprigs rosemary or thyme
- 3 or 4 bay leaves
- ½ cup olives, pitted (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as parsley
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Spray a large ovenproof baking dish with oil. Place potatoes and kumara in a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Do the same with beetroot.
2 Drain vegetables and arrange on baking dish with onion and garlic. Scatter over herb sprigs and bay leaves. Spray with oil.
3 Mix olive oil and balsamic together and drizzle over vegetables. Cook for 1 hour turning several times during cooking until potatoes are tinged golden. Add olives (if using) for the last 20 minutes.
4 Serve garnished with parsley.
Serve garlic in its skin and let people peel the skin back to enjoy the sweetness of the roasted garlic purée.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.