Whole spice-roasted cauliflower with pomegranate
- 1 large whole cauliflower, outer leaves trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup reduced-salt, gluten-free chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free tahini
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Trim the cauliflower base so it sits flat. Using a sharp knife, cut a cross into the base. Place cauliflower in a small baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Rub cauliflower with chilli, fennel seeds and pepper, and drizzle with lemon juice. Pour stock into the dish. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for a further 30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a skewer. Place on a serving dish. Drizzle the cauliflower with tahini and sprinkle with rind, pomegranate seeds and parsley.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
Make it vegan: Use a vegan stock, such as Massel.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us