Whole spice-roasted cauliflower with pomegranate
(at time of publication)
- 1 large whole cauliflower, outer leaves trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup reduced-salt gluten-free chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free tahini
- 2 teaspoons zest of lemon
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Trim the cauliflower base so it sits flat. Using a sharp knife, cut a cross into the base. Place cauliflower in a small baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil.
2 Rub cauliflower with chilli, fennel seeds and pepper, and drizzle with lemon juice. Pour stock into the dish. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
3 Remove the foil and bake for a further 30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a skewer. Place on a serving dish. Drizzle the cauliflower with tahini and sprinkle with rind, pomegranate seeds and parsley.
Make it vegan: Use a vegan stock, such as Massel.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.