- 1 egg
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- sprinkle of cinnamon, to serve
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (defrosted) blueberries, to serve
- In a bowl beat together all batter ingredients. Cover and leave batter to rest for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spoon pancake mixture into pan, enough to cover the whole surface with a thin layer of batter. Cook for 30 seconds, then turn over with a spatula and cook for another 20 seconds. Repeat until all batter is used up.
- Serve with cinnamon and blueberries on top.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and baking powder. Check cinnamon is gluten free.
For a sweeter taste, serve with a dusting of icing sugar (gluten free if necessary).
Instead of cinnamon, try lemon juice and honey.
If you’re in a hurry, don’t rest the batter. The pancakes will still be delicious, just a little less fluffy.
If you’re using defrosted berries and they’ve turned mushy, zap them in a blender to convert them into a sauce.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us