- ½ cup oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- ¼ cup no-added-sugar apple sauce (we used Pam’s)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
1 With a spoon, mix together oats, apple sauce, water, cranberries, nuts and poppy seeds.
2 Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3 Serve with yoghurt stirred in.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon on top for extra taste.
- Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice or orange juice just before serving for a tarter flavour.
- Although it won’t look as colourful, replace green pistachios with your nut of choice.
You can prepare this the night before and store in the fridge until breakfast time.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us