(at time of publication)
- ½ cup oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- ¼ cup no-added-sugar apple sauce (we used Pam’s)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
1 With a spoon, mix together oats, apple sauce, water, cranberries, nuts and poppy seeds.
2 Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3 Serve with yoghurt stirred in.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon on top for extra taste.
- Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice or orange juice just before serving for a tarter flavour.
- Although it won’t look as colourful, replace green pistachios with your nut of choice.
You can prepare this the night before and store in the fridge until breakfast time.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us