Creamy chicken and sun-dried tomato penne
- 250g penne pasta
- 250g fresh or frozen broccoli
- 350g fresh or frozen spinach
- spray oil
- 500g skinless boneless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained, thinly sliced
- 250g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon, 2 teaspoons zest
1 Cook penne following packet directions, adding broccoli and spinach in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain well, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Return to saucepan.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes until golden. Add onions, garlic and tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes.
3 Combine ricotta and egg in a bowl and mix well. Add to hot pasta mixture and stir to coat. Add chicken mixture and lemon zest. Toss to combine, adding a little cooking water for a sauce-like consistency.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Leftovers? Try these:
- Artichoke and chicken pasta salad: Stir sliced marinated artichokes and basil through leftover pasta.
- Pesto chicken pasta: Stir a little pesto through warmed leftover pasta.
- Shred leftover chicken and toss through leftover couscous with baby spinach and diced avocado.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like