Creamy chicken and sun-dried tomato penne
(at time of publication)
- 250g penne pasta
- 250g fresh or frozen broccoli
- 350g fresh or frozen spinach
- spray oil
- 500g skinless boneless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained, thinly sliced
- 250g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon, 2 teaspoons zest
1 Cook penne following packet directions, adding broccoli and spinach in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain well, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Return to saucepan.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes until golden. Add onions, garlic and tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes.
3 Combine ricotta and egg in a bowl and mix well. Add to hot pasta mixture and stir to coat. Add chicken mixture and lemon zest. Toss to combine, adding a little cooking water for a sauce-like consistency.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Leftovers? Try these:
- Artichoke and chicken pasta salad: Stir sliced marinated artichokes and basil through leftover pasta.
- Pesto chicken pasta: Stir a little pesto through warmed leftover pasta.
- Shred leftover chicken and toss through leftover couscous with baby spinach and diced avocado.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.