Grilled peaches with berry sauce and pistachio crumble topping
Time to make: 30 mins
( Hands-on time: 5 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 large ripe peaches, halved, stonepitX removed
- 2 tablespoons icingfrostingX sugar
- 2 cups (250g) fresh or frozen boysenberries or raspberries
- 1/2 cup fine rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX pinch of cinnamon
- 25g reduced-fat spread
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 8 tablespoons reduced-fat Greek yoghurt, to serve
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Preheat oven grill to high. Place peaches (cut-side facing up) in an ovenproof dish. Sieve 1 tablespoon of the icing sugar over peaches. Grill for 15 minutes until soft and slightly caramelised on top.
2 Meanwhile, make berry sauce. Place berries in a small pot with a splash of water and the remaining icing sugar. Bring to the boil. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring, until reduced to a sauce.
3 To make crumble topping, combine oats, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Rub in spread with fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Mix in pistachio nuts.
4 When peaches are ready, remove from oven and set aside to cool a little (they will be very hot). Turn oven to 200∞C fan bake. Spread crumble mixture over a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
5 To serve, divide peach halves among plates, top with berry sauce (or serve on the side), and pistachio crumble. Serve with a large dollop of Greek yoghurt on the side and garnish with a mint sprig if preferred.