(at time of publication)
- 1 cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- ½ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- ¼ cup wholemeal flour
- ½ cup coconut threads
- ½ cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 3 tablespoons golden syrupmaple syrup corn syrupX
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. In a bowl combine oats, flours, coconut and sugar.
2 Place golden syrup, oil and water in a microwave-proof jug. Stir with a fork to combine. Warm in the microwave for 25-30 seconds. Add baking soda and whisk with fork until well combined (if it foams, it’s fine).
3 Add syrup mixture to dry ingredients and mix well. Place teaspoonfuls of mixture on a baking-paper lined tray, leaving space between each cookie to spread. Flatten down with fork.
4 Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden. Transfer from tray to a board or rack to cool.
Makeover! You save…
2g total fat
4g sat fat
What we did
- Replaced butter with oil and increased golden syrup
- Replaced some plain flour with wholemeal flour to boost fibre
- Reduced coconut by 1/4 cup to cut fat
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information