- 1 cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- ½ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- ¼ cup wholemeal flour
- ½ cup coconut threads
- ½ cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 3 tablespoons golden syrupmaple syrup corn syrupX
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. In a bowl combine oats, flours, coconut and sugar.
2 Place golden syrup, oil and water in a microwave-proof jug. Stir with a fork to combine. Warm in the microwave for 25-30 seconds. Add baking soda and whisk with fork until well combined (if it foams, it’s fine).
3 Add syrup mixture to dry ingredients and mix well. Place teaspoonfuls of mixture on a baking-paper lined tray, leaving space between each cookie to spread. Flatten down with fork.
4 Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden. Transfer from tray to a board or rack to cool.
Makeover! You save…
2g total fat
4g sat fat
What we did
- Replaced butter with oil and increased golden syrup
- Replaced some plain flour with wholemeal flour to boost fibre
- Reduced coconut by 1/4 cup to cut fat
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.