Honey and soda scones
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup soda waterclub soda seltzer waterX
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Sift flour in a bowl. Add soda water, evaporated milk and honey, and stir gently until just combined into a soft dough.
2 Turn dough onto a board. Don’t overwork it, or scones will be heavy. Gently pat dough into an even thickness. Cut in squares, or use a cutter to make rounds.
3 Bake for 10-15 minutes, until risen and golden on top. Serve warm with jam.
Original scones (per serve)
Total energy 783kJ
Total fat 8g (5g saturated fat)
HFG honey and soda scones (per serve)
Total energy 584kJ
Total fat 2g (<1g saturated fat)
- For date and lemon scones, omit the honey, and add 3/4 cup chopped dates and zest of 1 lemon. Glaze the top of the scones with a mix of leftover evaporated milk and honey.
- For tasty savoury scones, use 3/4 cup evaporated milk and 250ml lite beer. Add 2 tablespoons grated parmesan and 1/4 cup grated edam cheese.
If you have a pizza cutter, use this to divide the dough for your scones. It works perfectly and makes for nice, light, high scones.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.