Lemon filo tarts
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 150g extra-light ricotta cheese
- 150g extra-light cream cheese spread
- 200g reduced-fat Greek yoghurt with honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon curd
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
1 Lightly spray 8 muffin tin holes with oil. Preheat oven to 190°C. Take filo sheets and fold in half. Cut in 4 even squares. Use half the sheets from each square to line a bun tin. Spray with oil. Repeat with the remaining pastry to line the muffin tin holes. Cook for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin.
2 Mix soft cheeses together with yoghurt, lemon curd, three-quarters of the lemon zest and juice of half the lemon. Chill for 10 minutes.
3 Spoon lemon mix into filo tarts. Sprinkle with the remaining zest. Decorate with mint, if preferred. Serve immediately.
- The tarts and filling can be made in advance. Keep the filling chilled in the fridge.
- Do not fill the tarts until serving as the filo softens quickly.
- Keep the extra lemon juice for use in a dressing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 2g
dietary fibre N/S
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information