Muffin tin pancakes
Time to make: 25 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1/2 cup trim milk (or non-dairy equivalent)
1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
1/3 cup fine desiccated coconut
1 cup fruit (eg. peaches, apples, blueberries)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Add flour to a bowl and whisk in the eggs. Gradually add milk (and maple syrup, if using), and keep whisking until batter is smooth. Spray a muffin tin with oil. Divide batter between 12 muffin cups (each about one-third full).
2 Bake for 12—15 minutes until golden-brown. The pancakes will puff up a little during baking, then go flat when you remove them from the oven.
3 Combine topping ingredients and spoon onto pancakes.
- Instead of fresh fruit, try using canned or frozen.
- Make the pancakes gluten free: Use gluten-free flour.
- For a dairy-free batter, try using soy, oat or almond milk.
- For warm pancakes, add topping then return tray to oven for another 5—7 minutes.
- For more colour, decorate plate with a handful of seasonal berries, kiwifruit slices or mint leaves.
1 cup reduced-fat ricotta (or try Philadelphia light cream cheese spread)
1 ripe banana, peeled and mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
squeeze lemon juice (to prevent browning)
- Nutrition information per pancake with nut-free topping: 320kJ (77cal), 5g protein, 3g total fat, 1g sat fat, 10g carbs, 4g sugars, 1g fibre, 60mg sodium, 50mg calcium, 0.5mg iron
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us