- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup finely-chopped fresh herbs such as chives, parsley
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon zest of lemon
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- spray oil
- 6 cups steamed green beans, to serve
- 600g steamed new potatoes, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut a pocket into the thick side of each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through. Place ricotta, herbs, garlic and lemon zest into a small mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Stuff each pocket with one-quarter of the ricotta mixture.
2 Place flour in a shallow bowl. In a second bowl, lightly beat milk and egg together and place breadcrumbs in a third bowl. Dip a piece of chicken into flour to coat then into egg mix then breadcrumbs. Repeat with remaining chicken.
3 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook chicken for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove from pan and transfer to a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 12 more minutes or until cooked through.
4 Thickly slice chicken and serve with beans and potatoes.
- Use oil spray and bake rather than fry to reduce the fat and kilojoule contents.
- Use ricotta cheese instead of butter and cheese to reduce fat, saturated fat and kilojoules.
- 50g fat
- 25g sat fat
- 340mg sodium
- Use chopped spinach instead of herbs.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and flour.
This dish is suitable to freeze after step 2.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.