Roast vege and lentil saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- ½ cup green lentils
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cups salt-reduced liquid vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 red capsicums, cut in wedges
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, sliced
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, halved, quartered
- 1 red onion, cut in wedges
- 1 fennel bulb or 3 baby fennel bulbs, sliced
- spray oil
- 120g feta or goats' cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ lemon, juice
1 Rinse lentils and place in a pan with wine and stock. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Drain and cool.
2 Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C. Place vegetables on a large, lightly greased ovenproof dish. Spray with oil and cook for 25 minutes or until lightly charred and tender. Toss halfway through cooking and spray with a little more oil if needed.
3 Mix vegetables with lentils. Cool for 5 minutes. Place on a serving platter. Sprinkle feta and basil over. To make dressing, mix oil, balsamic and lemon juice then drizzle over salad and toss lightly and serve.
- This salad can be served hot or cold.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information