Grilled vegetable and ricotta pizza
- 2 large wholemeal pita breads
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups thinly sliced vegetables of your choice, such as pumpkin, kumarasweet-potatoX, eggplantaubergineX, tomatoes
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 medium courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, cut in ribbons
- 160g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat 2 large baking trays in oven for 10 minutes.
2 Place a greased barbecue plate or chargrill over a medium-high heat. Grill vegetables for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Layer vegetables evenly over prepared bases. Top with ricotta dollops and drops of pesto then sprinkle with mozzarella.
3 Carefully transfer pizzas to trays. Bake pizza for 12-15 minutes or until bases are crisp and cheese is golden. Cut in wedges. Top with rocket then serve.
Makeover! You save…
9g total fat
4g sat fat
2 serves veges
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pizza bases and check pesto and mozzarella are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like