Perfect pesto capsicums
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup risoni (see tips)
- 4 large red or yellow capsicums
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto (see tips)
- ¾ cup freshly grated reduced-fat grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme or parsley
- olive spray oil
1 Cook risoni following packet directions until al dente. Drain. Set aside.
2 Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut tops off capsicums and set aside for lids. Trim capsicum insides.
3 Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat. Cook mushrooms, onion and garlic until softened. Stir in pesto. Mix well. Add mushroom mix, cheese and herbs to risoni. Season to taste. Mix well.
4 Spoon filling into capsicums. Top with lids. Place in an ovenproof dish sprayed with oil. Pour 5 tablespoons of boiling water into bottom of dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until capsicums are soft.
Make it gluten Use gluten free risoni and check pesto is gluten free
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 10g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.